When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As Senior Corporate Counsel at Hines, you will report to the Senior Vice President – Head of Legal and serve as lead counsel for joint ventures and real estate transactions and will provide general support for company organizational matters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as lead in negotiating, drafting and closing: joint ventures, management agreements and real estate purchase and sale agreements
- Liaise with Compliance Department to assist in responding to RFPs, Due Diligence Questionnaires etc.
- Assist other internal groups, as needed, regarding regulatory matters (broker dealer, securities, etc.)
- Assist with other non-real estate corporate and business contracts to support Hines’ business needs
- Directly manage and provide ongoing training/mentorship to junior attorneys and legal administrative staff
- Develop best practices including legal templates, policies, procedures, guidance documents, etc.
- Provide practical legal and business advice to internal clients, including risk assessment regarding transactions
- Interface with numerous departments and functions within the Company to work effectively and provide a high-level of service to clients and business partners
- Experience selecting and monitoring panel of outside law firms a plus
Minimum Requirements include:
- J.D degree from an accredited law school
- Eight or more years of well-rounded experiencesupporting corporate or real estate clients; in-house experiencepreferred
- Experience leading joint venture negotiations, day-in and day-out
- Solid exposure to real estate transactions
- Familiarity with compliance, securities/broker-dealer and general corporate matters
Entrepreneurial mindset and focus on outcomes over output
Highly confident, articulate and self-motivated individual who is a team player
Experience delegating and supervising work of other attorneys
Solid academic credentials from a top tier U.S. law school and strong academic record preferred
Licensed to practice law in the state of Texas