$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate & Technology Transactions will join our Global Legal Department out of our Chicago, IL headquarters and report to our Vice President, General Counsel.
Typical duties include the following:
• Counseling, reviewing, drafting and negotiating technology agreements, such as licensing (including procurement), services, information technology, joint development, consulting, marketing, and partnership agreements.
• Identifying and analyzing legal issues and developing and effectively communicating sound, understandable legal and business recommendations to the appropriate business managers.
• Participating in a collaborative manner in cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies, including GDPR, CCPA, and Privacy Shield.
• Working with business teams to create corporate policies, forms, and procedures.
• Developing and teaching in-house seminars to clients relating to various corporate and transactional issues.
Skills & Requirements
• J.D. degree and admission to the Illinois Bar required
• Minimum of 7 years of legal practice in corporate and/or technology transactions, preference given to candidates with experience working in-house for a technology organization
• Outstanding analytical, consulting, drafting, and negotiation skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal and business judgments
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly and positively influence others
• Proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently in a high-demand and fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage projects or requests from internal client groups
• Strong leadership skills with a "results-oriented" mentality
• A confident, positive, collaborative, and assertive personality conducive to effective and harmonious interactions with other attorneys, sales and renewals representatives, and the Company's technical and business personnel
• Willingness to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills, and take on additional and/or new responsibilities on an "as needed" basis.
Valid Through: 2019-10-15