Job ID: 117236
This position represents the Company in corporate, securities and corporate finance matters, as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters. Candidate will support an Associate GeneralCounsel with all filings with the SEC, securities matters and offerings, corporate governance and board issues, treasury matters, subsidiary management, and M&A activity. Candidate and willprovide regulatory and compliance counseling with respect to many substantive areas including federal securities laws, stock exchange requirements, and state corporate laws, and will support a broad array of internal business clients, including investor relations, financial reporting, stock administration, public relations, treasury, and strategic business development. The successful candidate must have a customer service focus, the ability to identify and analyze complex legal issues, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide advice and counsel regarding, and oversee compliance with, SEC and NYSE rules and regulations applicable to the Company, including drafting, managing and filing applicable disclosure documents.
- Manage and provide advice with respect to corporate governance requirements and best practice, including related documentation and research or benchmarking projects.
- Assist in preparation of Board materials.
- Support the Company’s M&A activity, including managing transactions and working withstrategic business development team on acquisitions, dispositions and strategic investments.
- Assist with maintenance of subsidiary records and related requirements.
- Provide contract drafting and negotiation and related client counseling for multiple business clients, including treasury, finance, investor relations and stock administration, including advising these clients on day-to-day legal and regulatory issues.
- Manage outside counsel.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to an Associate General Counsel.
Areas of specialization are Securities Law, Business Law, Corporate Governance, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The completion of a Juris Doctor or equivalent and required certifications for practicing law.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Prior experience as in-house counsel.
Eight years of practice experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project management and client service skills, including the ability to work as a team member to maintain project timelines and foster strong relationships with business clients and team members.
- Proven drafting and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines.
- The ability to confront conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
- Ability to articulate business needs clearly and accurately and present clear and concise solutions allowing business clients to make strategic decisions.
- The ability to develop, organize, implement and manage standard procedures.
- High degree of oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with legal and business colleagues across multipledisciplines.
- Comfortable challenging the status-quo while abiding by our values-based culture.