Our legal team at Constellation is growing. We are a Nasdaq biopharmaceutical company seeking a 10+ year attorney for a new role working on a wide range of corporate legal matters, including SEC filings, securities offerings and financings, as well as HR, corporate governance and compliance matters.
This position requires a strong background in public company securities law, as well as experience responding to a broad range of in-house corporate legal issues in a fast- paced, dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to serve in a deputy role to the General Counsel on corporate legal matters and have a meaningful organizational impact within a highly collaborative organization.
In this role you will:
- Draft and review securities filings in collaboration with the General Counsel, finance team, and outside counsel, including 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, Form 4s, registration statements, annual report and proxy statement, etc.
- Collaborate with human resources and finance partners on the education, maintenance and periodic review of corporate and equity-related policies
- Partner with the General Counsel and senior management on Board of Director and Shareholder Meeting materials and communications, including drafting of agendas, resolutions, minutes, and periodic Board training as appropriate
- Work cross-functionally to provide legal representation and guidance on various ad-hoc review teams, including program teams, corporate, compliance and medical review teams
- Assist with development, review, implementation and training of various compliance programs, policies and procedures (e.g. securities/SOX, FDA, data privacy, etc.).
- Review presentations, press releases, website materials, brochures, and other company communications (internal and external)
- Support General Counsel with other legal matters
We are looking for people who:
- 10+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney, with at least 5 years of experience working primarily with life sciences companies; Large law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience as lead counsel on corporate securities and related public company legal matters
- Ability to evaluate effectively legal exposure, manage risk and develop creative, client-focused solutions to achieve business goals within appropriate legal guidelines
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and effectively communicate legal risks to senior management and others
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work with a team to meet critical deadlines; flexible and capable of prioritizing workload and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- JD and current member in good standing of a U.S. state bar (Massachusetts preferred)