BigID is a data intelligence platform for privacy, security and governance - enabling customers to proactively discover, manage, protect, and get more value from their regulated, sensitive, and personal data across their data landscape. We're reimagining data management, empowering customers to drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
Headquartered in New York City with a worldwide presence, we are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology with R&D in the heart of Tel Aviv. BigID has been recognized for its data intelligence innovation as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, named to the 2021 Forbes Cloud 100, #19 on the 2021 Inc 5000 (the list of fastest growing private companies in America), and an RSA Innovation Sandbox winner.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, integrity, and teamwork.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel - Commercial to join our legal team. Reporting to our VP, Legal Affairs. Our ideal candidate is someone who has hands-on global enterprise software transaction experience and is able to drive an efficient negotiation process that all sides feel is fair and balanced.
You will be responsible for managing the entire deal process - creating, drafting and amending contracts, and partnering closely with Finance and Sales to efficiently drive deals to closure. The role requires that you are diligent, organized and have attention to detail, possess a thorough knowledge of corporate and commercial law and have great client-facing skills as well as good written and verbal communication.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate and draft master license agreements, services & consulting agreements, alliance agreements and other types of agreements with customers and partners in support of global Sales, Professional Services and Alliances organizations.
- Partner with Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success and other internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of BigID.
- Develop standardized templates, playbooks and processes for repeatable transactions that will advance and scale business. Evolve and refine these periodically to increase efficiency, support company initiatives, and align with legal developments and current business trends
- Review and negotiate in-bound technology, services and other procurement contracts as-needed for the business.
- Proactively identify business and legal risk areas and work with the legal and cross functional teams to mitigate.
- Play an active role in the ongoing implementation of a contract management system for all contracts, as well as creating a one-source-of-truth database for commercial terms and legal metrics.
- Be ready to jump into new company and team projects as need arises.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5-8 years experience commercial transactions, trained at AmLaw100 or recognized boutique law firm, followed by high growth Global Technology / SaaS startup experience
- Licensed to practice law in at least one US State Bar Association, (CA or NY preferred but not required)
- International Experience highly valued
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex technology, commercial and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience managing risk and compliance as applicable to a variety of business units and ability to anticipate and advise on risk with a commercial mind \set based on the needs of the business.
- General knowledge of data protection and data security laws (both U.S. and international) regulatory requirements highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision but be a team player with a great "can do" attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Be comfortable simultaneously managing workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Familiarity with global data privacy and data security compliance requirements, etc.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues, legal concepts regarding software contracts and licensing