Are you looking for new challenges in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department! Every day across the world we are developing the ideas, products, and services that make life better for tens of millions of customers. From providing Earth's biggest selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices, Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
We're looking for a talented Senior Corporate Counsel to help support our Alexa business (Amazon's voice service and the brain behind millions of devices, including Amazon Echo). In this role, you will counsel the Alexa Smart Home business on a broad range of product, commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters. You will provide day-to-day input on a broad array of business and legal questions, working with the business to address complicated policy questions, comply with regulatory obligations, and resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships. You will also be responsible for drafting and negotiating software licensing and other key agreements. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
• JD from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar
• At least 10 years of attorney experience
• At least 2 years of experience at a law firm
• Prior in-house experience is preferred
• A mix of transactional, product, privacy and regulatory experience is ideal
• Strong analytical, written and oral communication, and client interaction skills
• Ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Valid through: 11/13/2021