This position supports the legal department and administrative affairs of the Company that are delegated by the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel with a focus on corporate governance and compliance matters. Responsibilities include formation of domestic and foreign legal entities, drafting, maintaining and overseeing all related records, reporting and filing obligations. This position further supports a broad range of government and regulatory compliance matters including U.S. federal government agencies, Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery compliance, Global Data Privacy matters and various local foreign regulatory matters. This position works independently and manages relationships and ensures that the legal affairs of the Company are attended to in an effective and efficient manner.
The essential functions listed below are representative of the functions that must be performed in order to satisfactorily fulfill the purpose of this job. Additional functions and duties may be assumed or assigned from time to time.
- Preparation and review of documentation to support formation of domestic and foreign legal entities
- Organize and maintain books and records for all legal entities and entity organizational charts and interact with external support parties
- Responsible for periodic/annual reports and filings for entities and regulatory and compliance matters and maintaining master calendar/status reports
- Tracking applicable regulatory compliance requirements for foreign entities and related to foreign operations
- Assist on an “as-needed” basis in protecting the Company against legal risks and supervised efforts in areas of law including commercial transactions, general corporate matters, corporate governance and record keeping, intellectual property (patent/trademark prosecution), regulatory compliance, employment laws and related US based and global compliance requirements, litigation & claims and anticipating new or changed demands for services
- Provide support and assistance for administrative filings and compliance updates related to U.S. Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Provide general support and assistance for internal annual compliance initiatives and training needs
- Prepares own work, without separate clerical support and assists with other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES [education, certification, experience, general skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative ofthe knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this job.
The Senior Corporate/Compliance Paralegal shall possess Bachelors’ Degree and a paralegal certificate from an accredited Paralegal Studies program and minimum 7 years of proven experience in a corporate legal department or law firm. Strong business aptitude and ability to understand functional operations withthe corporate environment is a plus.
Possess strong self-initiative and desire for excellence with a focus on delivering high quality and efficient legal services to management of the Company, strong oral and written communications skills and excellent management, self-discipline, teamwork, delegation and a wide degree of flexibility and thoughtfulness with problem solving abilities. Ability to present ideas clearly with a particularly high level of attention to detail.
Additional job skills and capabilities include:
- Excellent personal computer skills and extensive knowledge and working experience with Microsoft® Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure, handling multiple and competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to plan, organize, and accurately prioritize work
- Ability to analyze and interpret state and federal regulations and contract requirements and disseminate information in a comprehensible form to target audience
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions and responsive to direction and instruction
- Assists with wide variety of departmental administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks subject to supervision by the General Counsel and maintains an integral relationship with clients through regular contacts
- Possesses strong Interpersonal skills –listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Superior attention to detail in composing and proofing materials
Requisition ID : 1077