Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Posted 76 days ago
Job Description JOB PURPOSE
Serves as the account executive for the largest and most complex commercial clients ($5mm to $30mm stand-alone C&I Credit or up to an approved relationship TCE Hold Limit) and maintains a "trusted advisor" relationship with clients based on knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients' business objectives and lifecycle. Develops and grows new business and builds/maintains strong relationships with prospects. Drives financial performance through profitable revenue and growth and quality credit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serves as the trusted advisor to clients, functions as the Commercial Banking client "expert" and the go-to-person for the largest and most complex clients.
* Develops focused strategies for acquiring, retaining and growing select clients.
* Champions and leads all business development efforts for specific client and/or prospect base. Drives a focused business development effort by developing a clear and holistic understanding of the client's or prospect's business/industry. Viewed by the client as a business partner (financial strategist) and shares a skilled financial perspective. Prepares for client reviews, identifying opportunities for presenting unsolicited solutions/advice. Provides the client with deep knowledge in key product areas.
* Assembles and leads cross-functional team to quickly respond to customer request. Utilizes team of experts to creatively present the full breadth of the bank.
* Maintains active prospecting effort, including identification, qualification and calling. Consistently balances prospecting efforts and quality client maintenance responsibilities.
* Maximizes established referral network and continues to expand this network.
* Proactively prospects for new clients and consistently balances quality client maintenance responsibilities.
* Identifies cross-sell opportunities and partners to structure, coordinate and sponsor credit and non-credit products/services.
* Anticipates and solves internal obstacles for the client with a sense of urgency and consistently finds the right way to get things done for the client. Acts as a client advocate while adhering to sound business practices.
* Leads and drives a culture of creative and strategic thinking to arrive at multiple potential ways to achieve client goals.
* Maximizes profitability of assigned portfolio by effectively selling the value Umpqua provides.
* Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits. Analyzes credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
* Follows-up on current loans to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other required terms.
* Studies industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
* Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
* May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience; Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
* 15+ years of relevant commercial lending experience and proven track record of exceeding performance in developing business in the commercial industry. 5+ year of high performance experience with clients with sales over $25 million preferred.
* Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
* Experience working in relationship management teams with a proven understanding of the importance of balancing business development and asset quality.
* Extensive knowledge of bank products.
* Proven outstanding credit skills, analytical skills and financial acumen.
* Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem solving skills, sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Confirmed superior client relationship and internal partnering skills. Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
* Expert credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
* Expert knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel.
* Ability to train and present to small and large audiences.
* Superior technical credit expertise. Readily mentors others.
* Partners effectively with senior credit officers.
* Thorough knowledge of bank's risk-rating system, credit products and underwriting policies. Exceptional working knowledge with structuring credit products to middle market business in diverse industries with complex ownership structures.
* Experience with syndications, asset-based lending, capital structure finance, leveraged lending, enterprise value lending, and trade finance.
* Experience with underwriting and/or managing Shared National Credits (SNC).