The Core Applications Integration Engineer is responsible for the strategy & implementation of core applications and updates across the TDA Desktop environment. Additionally, this role will evaluate new technologies, develop standard practices, and is recognized as a technical expert within the department and organization. The candidate needs to be able to demonstrate broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology and may be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology implementations.
- Develop and execute strategy for the following core desktop components:
- Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome , Firefox)
- MS Office Suite (Office 365, Visio, Project)
- Adobe Acrobat & Flash Player
- End to end lifecycle management for core applications
- Oversee / manage processes, and prioritize queue for outsources SW packaging and automation team
- Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades
- Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures
- Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
- Work as part of a cross functional team exploring technology changes that impact TDAs infrastructure
- Interact with customer technical staff, R&D and 3rd party Vendors
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in large enterprise environments
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for relevant technologies.
- Experience and understanding of product lifecycle management
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes
- Experience interacting and using APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation and Visio.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes (Lean, Agile).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create “Run Books”, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Ability to establish best practices for monitoring and forecasting of system/application capacity.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience within e-commerce or financial services industry preferred.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.