SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
SmithGroupJJR is looking for a senior controls engineer to join our team. This position can be located in our Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix or Washington, DC office.
Working with us, you will:
- Work closely with project teams across SmithGroupJJR to collaborate on and develop best practice building instrumentation & control system designs for projects, including DDC systems and full BAS systems architecture.
- Write/review controls specifications.
- Generate control drawings and basis of design narratives.
- Apply building and energy codes to control system designs.
- Review submittals, RFIs, and contractor proposed change orders, and conduct site observations.
- Coordinate with commissioning agents.
- Lead the development of standard template control system diagrams, points lists, sequences of operation and controls related master specifications.
- Champion cross-office acceptance and application of controls standards and best practices.
- Mentor and train junior-level controls engineers.
An ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience working as an HVAC controls engineer.
- A two or four year degree in engineering, engineering technology or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure, preferred.
- Working knowledge of the design, construction and commissioning process.
- Working knowledge of IMC, IECC and ASHRAE Standard 90.1.
- Working knowledge of REVIT MEP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourceful and team-oriented problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.