We are in search of a Senior PLC Controls Engineer for our Post and Parcel division. In this role, the engineer:
- Leads, executes, implements electrical projects as the lead engineer for an integrated system or sub-system.
- Provides planning, reporting and management of the assigned project, in addition to technical implementation.
-Take full ownership of the electrical project elements and executes and / or delegates individual tasks throughout the project life cycle by coordinating and forecasting electrical resources in-house and on site may include other project engineers.
- Take a systematic approach in understanding core design features, project elements, overall electrical architecture and is responsible for the scope, budget, change order (support), schedule, as well as maintaining internal and external customer goals and expectations.
- Execute all test plans on-site, providing site/field reports daily, lead team developing base code version, develop project code, and configure and set up logic and schedule and perform PLC Code reviews and audits.
What does this position require?
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related degree or experience)
- Minimum of 7 years of Controls Engineering Experience in a similar role
- Project Leadership experience (Working as a Project Lead, Project Manager, Supervisor, Team Lead, or similar role)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25-30% of the time
What skills do we value?
- 10 years of experience executing PLC or Controls related projects
- Ability to focus on relevant information and identify and execute on key details
- Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- Experience performing and executing projects at customer sites and providing effective communication to customer stake-holders as required.
- Experience in designing, installing and commissioning large scale PLC systems.
- Ambitious and able to work with little supervision by consistently taking the initiative to get things done
- Capability to update, modify, and perfect working methods in your role by following defined procedures
- Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
- Ability to consistently make and execute timely decisions even in the face of complexity
- Dexterity to evaluate, recommend, and implement technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
- Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts
- Experience programming and installing Allen-Bradley PLCs