The Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for working with maintenance, production, and management to develop new and improved existing processes for their facility equipment.
The Senior Controls Engineer will develop and work within schedules provided and communicate to management the status of the projects. In this role, you will have knowledge of electrical design, controller programming, and software programming for machine control and machine safety. In addition, the Senior Controls Engineer should have knowledge of drives, servos, operator interfaces, etc. .
We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Essential Functions for the Senior Controls Engineer:
- You will work within the production environment to support their needs in trouble shooting and determining
- Rockwell or other third-party controllers, operator interfaces, and software to develop new or improve existing process for the coil and core equipment.
- You will interface with with VB or other third-party software and Rockwell tools.
- You will work with third party suppliers to ensure incoming equipment meets and industry standards.
- You will work with the SAP system to order design components and other materials for projects.
- You will work with shop floor personnel, in collaboration with maintenance and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) personnel, to ensure working conditions are safe.
- You will assist maintenance and a young engineering staff in developing the skill set to troubleshoot equipment.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic Qualifications for the Senior Control Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Controls or Electrical Engineer
- Experience with various PLCs and HMIs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or concentration in Controls Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of experience as Controls or Electrical Engineer in a Manufacturing setting
- Ability to design, read, and implement control schematics, panel layouts and control architecture drawings
- Knowledge of national and industry codes such as NEC, NFPA 79, ANSII
Salary for the Senior Control Engineer is $95,000.00 - $115,000.00