Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and otherindustrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and othertechnology services to the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,100 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This Sr. Controls Engineer will be remotely based on our Jacksonville, FL team.
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/foodexperience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Regional travel may be required at times to support installation and start-up activities.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degree.