The Sr. Controls Engineer will be remotely based in Richmond, VA supporting our Raleigh, NC team.
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Regional/National travel may be required at times to support installation and start-up activities.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degree.