Radia is seeking a talented and motivated Avionics Systems Engineer to join our Avionics team. The scope of the avionics engineering team includes: flight avionics hardware; signal conditioning; data acquisition; actuator control; RF communication; wire harnesses; vehicle guidance, navigation, control; fault tolerance; ground-support electronics hardware and software; and integrated vehicle health monitoring. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experienceworking with complex electro-mechanical systems in the aerospace or related fields. We are looking for a generalist who will contribute to several roles in a fast paced environment.
- Develop vehicle, system, and component requirements for design, procurement, and test
- Evaluate and select COTS avionics subsystems.
- Work with Radia hardware engineers and subcontractors to define requirements and interfaces for custom avionics hardware
- Create vehicle level schematics
- Plan, execute, and report on vehicle ground and flight testing
- Troubleshoot vehicle systems using schematics, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, etc.
Must have a B.Sc. Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Experience with digital communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, RS485, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, CAN
- Hands-on electrical and/or avionics experience with aerospace or related systems
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience with electromagnetic shielding and ground plane development
- 2 or more years of relevant integration or testing experience in aerospace or similar field
- Experience with embedded system hardware and software
- Strong troubleshooting, organizational, and written communication skills
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR 120.15)