We have been retained by a global electronics company to identify their Senior Controller to oversee their operation in Farmingdale, New Jersey. The Senior Controller will be responsible for managing general accounting and financial reporting functions. Developing and supervising the financial and control systems that will help achieve the company's objectives. This position is responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting and analysis, budget preparation, and financial inputs in strategic decisions. The Senior Controller provides leadership to a team of 15.
- Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the factory and serves as key partner for the Manufacturing Unit Manager in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing and making adjustments in implementation as needed.
- Leads plant's annual budget plan process.
- Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets.
- Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the plant and serves as the interface to HQ /Corporate Leadership.
- Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency.
- Manages and monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Prepares full manufacturing statement and balance sheet.
- Completes tax reporting, insurance reports and any other reports as required.
- Ensures high quality business data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensures transparency in financial processing and disclosures.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Supports internal and external audits.
- Oversees full balance sheet reconciliations, including bank accounts, A/R, A/P, inventory, fixed assets, accruals and other accounts.
- Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, working quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies
- Coordinate all M&A activities and analysis.
- BS in Accounting/Finance or Business related and 5 years of progressive experience as a Finance Controller or similar working in manufacturing environments.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance is desirable. CPA preferred.
- Strong Manufacturing Standard Cost Accounting / Variance Analysis.
- Strong process implementation experience.
- Financial Control and internal control experience.
- Strong US GAAP
- Strong FP&A
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Must be very hands-on, energetic, enthusiastic and hard-working and will have a positive approach to challenges,thinking creatively to solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues and solutions.
- Relentless commitment to understanding, challenging and improving the financial control environment of the business.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including efficient delegation.
- Supervisory or management experience required.
- The successful candidate will can lead and influence diverse, cross-functional teams, interact effectively with all levels of the business, while leading and developing a team of 5 direct reports and possibly adding more in the future as the operation grows.
- Strong organizational and time management skills needed with the ability to manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously in a face paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with senior members of the Group and remote Finance teams.
- Some overseas travel is anticipated.