A Senior Contracts Manager candidate is experienced with the preparation of contracts, proposals, agreements, related negotiations, pricing review and approval, contracts administration, export and import compliance and customer contact/interface. Develops, reviews, and updates policies, procedures and task instructions. Candidate will maintain various reports, conduct research and fact-finding to provide current contract status as needed. Candidate will also provide management information reports and studies for Senior Leaders.
Candidate is able to work in a team environment and provide contractual support and guidance to other assigned program personnel. Develops and maintains good working relationships, and is adept at dealing with customers, program team members, industry peers and Senior Leaders. Reviews, negotiates and delivers contract modifications and proposals, and conducts staff Adisplay excellent problem solving, creativity in finding better ways to achieve goals, and a desire to assist in growing the business and gaining efficiencies to help improve revenue, earnings and cash.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's and at least 8years' related work experience, a Master's degree and at least 5 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out.
- Strong working knowledge of FAR / DFARS and both Cost and Fixed Price type arrangements to include incentive fee
- Experience with ITAR policies/laws/procedures when importing and exporting hardware and software to foreign countries.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Ability to coordinate DCAA and DCMA activities including audits, performance based payment plans.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Protection of Intellectual Property.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Contracting Environment (ECE).
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders across multiple Business Units and geographical regions.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) or Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) experience.