Job Description: The Defense Group has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator to join the contracts team managing the Navy Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) program. This position will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of this critically important, highly complex program. The Senior Administrator will have responsibility for supporting program leadership, negotiating and administering contract actions, proactively identifying and resolving contract-related concerns, and leading customer communications.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of federal contracting, with experience handling complicated programs. The Senior Administrator must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. The employee will be expected to work independently and see tasks through to completion. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as external customers. The ability to support weekly in-person customer meetings in the National Capital Region is required. The Senior Administrator will lead and/or assist with new business and task order proposals. The ability to work a high volume of complex work independently with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management. Negotiates and executes contract documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate potential solutions. Implements operational decisions of program management.
- Oversee day-to-day contract actions in fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain contract files in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines
- Leads customer meetings and communicates with parties external to the organization.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Possess strong business judgment and understanding of contract risks and impacts.
- Operate with a customer-service perspective that demonstrates the values of the company and the organization.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers
- BA degree with 8+ years of relevant contract administration experience or Masters (or higher) degree with 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks and identify, coordinate, and implement appropriate solutions in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to support weekly meetings in either Reston, VA or at the Navy Yard
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with U.S. Navy or Marine Corps customers
- Experience supporting contract transition