This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and six (6) years' experience in business or public administration with emphasis on customer service in financial or contracting position.
- Advanced degree (Master's or Juris Doctor) preferred.
- Will require completion of State of Texas Contract Management certification (CTCM), which may be obtained after hiring.
- Drafts and reviews contract documents. Revises contractlanguage to meet legal requirements, including University policies, UT System policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Possesses one or more areas of specialized knowledge with respect to contract types (e.g. educational agreements, hospitality industry agreements, software licenses, etc.).
- Negotiates contract terms with other parties, which require communication with various levels of legal and business professionals; includes follow up on pending documentation to ensure timely completion of contracts.
- Maintains communication with University stakeholders, including faculty, administration and executive staff concerning contract negotiations, process and status; includes follow up on pending documentation to ensure timely completion of contracts.
- Interprets contract terms and conditions. Handles requests and approval processes for amendments or contract extension.
- Provides principal legal review of contracts. Determines need for the involvement of the Office of the Vice President for Legal Affairs in certain contracting matters, and works directly with that Office to facilitate and resolve such matters.
- Manages contracts after execution to ensure contractor performance compliance.
- Drafts correspondence related to the contract negotiation process.
- Participates with Supply Chain Management team members in the solicitation process prior to contract award and provides guidance to the evaluation team, as needed.
- Provides guidance and training for Contracts Specialists and Contract Administrators. Oversees the treatment of certain complex issues arising in contracting matters being handled by Contracts Specialists and Contract Administrators.
- Keeps abreast of, and has current working knowledge of, all statutes, regulations and policies related to the procurement and contracting requirements of the University.
Job Number: 88681