Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Senior Continuous Improvement Consultant – Enterprise Project Management Office will be responsible for:
- Continuously trying to improve patient, family, employee and referring provider experiences; as well as clinical outcomes and critical operations as well continuous improvement methodologies, including Lean Six Sigma, on our journey to high reliability with the support of Senior Leadership.
- Leading and overseeing multiple projects of varying size and priority as a key member of the EPMO.
- Assisting Senior Leadership and Department leaders in identifying and implementing key projects that will have a demonstrable bottom line impact and maintain or enhance customer satisfaction. This position will serve as a change agent for key strategic initiatives.
- Supporting complex projects drawing upon the utilization of both project management tools and process improvement tools to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leading efforts that support both the voice of the business and the voice of the customer, specifically around revenue cycle work and an in-depth understanding of how the revenue cycle relates to ambulatory clinic operations.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management, Science, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Public Health or related field.
- A minimum of 5-7 years' relevant experience in healthcare project management, process improvement consulting, or applying Six Sigma and Lean tools in a complex organization.
- A Master's degree in a related field, 2 years' experience managing multiple highly complex projects and Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, Malcolm Baldrige, Project Management Professional or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Understanding the importance of local ownership of projects and solutions and able to simultaneously drive projects to completion while fostering local ownership.
- Agility in communicating effectively, including navigating controversial issues with a wide range of departments and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced knowledge of PC-based software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and web-based applications for collecting/reporting data.