The Marketing Content team creates the audience-based storytelling that helps build awareness to demand for products and solutions across multiple owned and paid media channels. Through article posts, marketing landing pages, product hero videos, paid media creative, emails, product description pages, and acquisition pages, our content educates, inspires, and addresses audience needs across the full customer journey. The Marketing Content team collaborates closely with teams across the company, including Lifecycle Marketing, Paid Media, Growth, Product Marketing, Field Marketing, and Digital Experience.
As a Senior Content Operations Manager on the Marketing Content team, you'll play a crucial role in bringing our marketing campaigns and digital experiences to life. You’ll be in charge of shepherding content projects as well as content marketing assets for acquisition, activation, upsell, and demand-generation programs.
Day to day, you’ll coordinate content creation with our internal team of marketing content strategists and writers, as well as liaise with agency partners and vendors. In addition, you’ll work with project management teams in our design, web, and localization teams to ensure projects run smoothly from inception to completion.
We’re looking for someone who brings a strategic mindset, as well as expertise in developing processes that scale content production and help content creatives do their best work. Versatility is a must, as you’ll be supporting projects taking the form of article posts, videos, eBooks, whitepapers, and anything else we can dream up.
This is a unique opportunity for a strong operational lead who can build and navigate relationships with individuals at the team and executive level. You’ll steer a range of high-impact programs, applying the right amount of process and governance, and ensuring continuous improvement in our planning and execution.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the Marketing org and with cross-functional partners, assessing needs and building consensus in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Prioritize content programs and projects based on company objectives, forecasted impact, and available resources
- Manage new program intake by sourcing and scheduling all creative requests; this often requires managing and shifting priorities to enable agile response to urgent requests; coordinate project team assignment with resource team leads
- Directly manage multiple content projects, driving schedules and deliverable progress, and ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on interdependencies, reviews, and progress; preemptively identify and manage risks, raising issues when needed to remove blockers
- Review and contribute to deliverables prepared by agency partners before passing to internal stakeholders
- Work with the Director of Marketing Content Strategy to build a unified, centralized view of content publishing and global campaigns and maintain an integrated marketing calendar/roadmap
- Recommend best practices and proactively identify opportunities to reuse, repackage, and optimize content to maximize return on the company’s content investment
- Develop Marketing Content’s project management skills by building and optimizing systems, tools, and standards to improve workflow
- 7+ years of experience working in a content production or operations role, managing always-on content publishing and/or the production of campaign-driven projects/programs across multiple channels and platforms
- Demonstrated success developing operational processes, driving content governance best practices, and identifying process improvements to help teams become increasingly efficient and cost-effective
- In-depth knowledge of project management; resourcing and creative tools (e.g. Airtable, Jira, Slack, Adobe CC); CMS and DAM systems; as well as the ability to learn new techniques, skills, and tools on the job
- Strong project management and communication skills; and ability to plan and identify resource needs throughout the project, track work against multiple priorities, and manage a complex production schedule
- Strong team player with ability to successfully collaborate with geographically distributed teams; comfort and mastery tracking and driving projects in a remote-workforce environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- B2B SaaS industry experience working with integrated marketing, product marketing, web experience, and design teams a plus
Duration: 1 year to start, possibility for conversion to FTE
Location: Remote, US
Timing: ASAP, urgent need and must be able to start this year