Along with the Insights Director, this team member will help drive the future visions for these brands, help shape key business questions, impact long-term innovation, drive our annual strategy session and be a relentless advocate for the US consumer across the PepsiCo and Unilever organizations.
This is a broad scope, highly visible role within the partnership, specifically supporting the Pure Leaf Trademark and Premium Tea.
- Drive long term, consumer based strategic recommendations for the business by designing comprehensive research agendas:
- Design research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget for brand(s) assigned with input from the Director
- Support the commercial teams in identification and development of business priorities, providing insights and perspectives in the development of business strategy
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making and have a strong voice in driving the consumer POV. Provide the relevant teams with the insights required to develop strategies and annual operating plans across the marketing mix (brand, promotions, packs, distribution channels, consumer targets etc)
- Lead the annual situation assessment process for the portfolio and synthesize into Jobs to be Done to guide PSP and AOP for out years.
- Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects, with a particularly focus on lean and fast approaches.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e. IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Global counterparts on innovation and communication initiatives.
- Manage one direct report.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements :
- Minimum 10 years in a strategic insights or marketing role; 5+ years in CPG company preferred
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred
- Mastery of both Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies and must possess the ability to apply insights to address business challenges.
- Must have Insights experience across both Comms development and Innovation.
- Strong working knowledge with syndicated data sources and analytical approaches such as IRI, marketing mix analysis, etc., and must be able to apply these to think holistically about the business
- Must be comfortable operating in a highly matrixed organization, and be able to navigate and manage competing agendas and priorities
- Must be able to work independently in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate a can-do attitude and be able to easily flex in the face of changing priorities
- Proven collaboration abilities, strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate both analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Exceptional communicator (verbally and written) - Ability to tell a story, synthesize and convey key messages and present in a visual and compelling way
- Excellent Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ideal candidate will have strong commercialization skills or will have a strong desire to develop these skills