We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job leads strategic projects leveraging project management, change management, and process improvement core capabilities; manages individual projects through entire project lifecycle with accountability for project progress and success; assumes responsibility for developing communications strategy with responsibility for active communication with key stakeholders and the department; and serves as instructor and coach for Ochsner leaders through departmental training programs.
Required - Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, finance, public health, health care administration or related field
Preferred - Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications, Master’s degree in Engineering, business administration, finance, public health, health care administration or related field
Required - 5 years experience in relevant field such as Healthcare Operations, Finance, Industrial Engineering, and/or Organizational Development including one year project management / change management / process improvement or healthcare experience.
Preferred - Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification or equivalent (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt or Master Change Agent)
Required - Three years relevant experience with a Master’s degree
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and self directed
- Group facilitation skills
- Demonstrates Good Judgement and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Delegation skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability for work
• Actively leads project efforts through entire project lifecycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing
• Enables an effective project communication strategy through active communications with project stakeholders and the program manager
• Serves as instructor for strategic program management training programs
• Conducts coaching/consulting engagements leveraging project management, change management, and process improvement core capabilities
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.