Overview and Summary
This position supports the delivery of client services on an account team. The Senior Consultant is focused on both technical and client handling skills, with a heavier focus on client handling and relationship building. This position has greater independence and customer relationship handling, over and above the Consultant role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, develops and delivers client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
- Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
- Assists management in creating estimates and proposals for clients in order to have a better understanding of the proposal process.
- Serves as a contact for, and develops relationships with, the client in order to effectively respond to client requests and inquiries in a timely manner and help improve client satisfaction.
- Acquires and maintains a thorough understanding of client data for assigned projects in order to properly create client deliverables.
- Tracks, processes, analyzes and verifies data in order to improve accuracy and quality.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate and high quality data being utilized on assigned projects.
- Accurately performs application coding and testing functions associated with the development of custom client software.
- Use technical skills to accurately update and maintain Urban Science internal software systems.
- Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
- Coordinates with individuals or teams to complete analyses, tasks and projects on time and with high quality.
- Attends project meetings and participates in presenting project status updates to client representatives or internal management to clearly communicate project status, conclusions and results.
In preparation of possible future supervisory responsibilities, this person may be called upon to do the following for assigned staff:
- Assign and prioritize work
- Establish and maintain quality, quantity and timeliness of work
- Coach, mentor, manage, and motivate
Qualifications - Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Technical/Software: Must have demonstrated programming proficiency at the minimum requirement for the role (programming proficiency varies by role and my not be required in certain roles. For those roles where programming proficiency is needed, typical programming languages used may include .NET, VBA, C#, SQL, Java, HTML, SSIS and Open Source)
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
- Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses, create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives
- Conceptual Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture
- Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required
- Sales & Business Development: Ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management is required
- Project Management: Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and fundamentals is strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degreerequired; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role
- Minimum of 4years related work experiencerequired (6years experiencepreferred)