Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements, tests, maintains, and supports software, based on technical design specifications.
- Prepares technical design specifications, based on functional requirements and analysis documents.
- Reviews functional requirements, analysis, and design documents and provides feedback.
- Assists customer support with technical problems and questions.
- Investigates software development tools.
- Participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Analyzes existing business and system processes.
- Develops new process designs for tax determination.
- Determines and documents business and system processes performed for tax determination.
- Installs and configures tax automation software solutions.
- Creates, executes, and documents testing scenarios.
- Assists with the creation of client deliverable documentation.
- Assists with the data gathering, extraction, and analysis of client data.
- Assists team in client data acquisition.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other and subordinate team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting and Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology and Management, and a minimum of six hours of accounting with two to four years related tax automation and technologyexperience. Five years minimum experience in software engineeringrequired. Must be able to participate in client infrastructure assessments and provide recommendations on a proper, scalable solution within the scope of the Statement of Work (SOW). Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills required. Experience implementing n-tiered, distributed systems across different Hardware/Operating System platforms required, including but not limited to Microsoft® Windows, Linux, and Unix. Familiarity with web-based application development technologiesrequired. Relational databaseexperience with one or more of the following: Oracle, DB2, or MS SQL Server is required. Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes required. Experience with complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle and experience with Java performance analysis and tuning is desired.