Senior Consultant Specialist
Conduct property loss prevention surveys of commercial property facilities including manufacturing and process industries such as woodworkers, pulp and paper mills, metalworkers, steel mills, aluminum mills, cement mills, plastic workers, rubber workers, electronic manufacturers, semiconductor and other large industrial facilities; non-manufacturing occupancies such as hospitals, universities, real estate, retail, etc..
This position is home based with field work conducted at insured facilities.
• Conduct property loss prevention surveys at commercial and industrial facilities
• Conduct consultative visits at customer facilities
• Conduct plan reviews
• Witness fire protection equipment testing
• Document survey results in an data-driven report writing application
• Mentor and train lesser experienced staff
• Required a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
• Possess more than 8 years of highly protected risk, specialized industry and/or boiler and machinery field experience
• Experience surveying chemical occupancies
• Knowledge of ‘all risk’ property loss control experience in performing property field surveys on a variety of industrial occupancies and in conducting loss control consultations.
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Proficiency in Automatic Sprinkler System Hydraulic Calculations & Fire Protection Water Supply analysis. Wind uplift assessment, flood assessment, earthquake assessment, machinery breakdown equipment risk assessment capabilities and other occupancy specialist skills are desired skill sets, but are not required.
• Be highly motivated and work well without close supervision. The individual must be able to make decisions with and without established guidelines and to provide technical support to underwriters & clients.
• Ability to complete assignments on-time.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), computer skills and a client focused approach.
• Professional Engineer or Certified Fire Protection Specialist Designation (desired but not required).
• Ability to work closely with various Account Teams including Account Engineers and Underwriters.