Job ID #: 332
Altus Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant within our Research, Valuation and Advisory division in Toronto, Ontario.
The Senior Consultant will provide a variety of valuation and consulting services, specifically our retail and commercial real estate clients, with very limited review to new and existing clients. Partner with other business units to explore synergy opportunities.
- Preparing accurate appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners
- Developing cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software ARGUS Enterprise
- Ensuring data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion
- Performing property inspections
- Managing client relationships in a manner that leads to contract renewal, referrals and service expansion including up-sells and cross-sells
- Maintaining ongoing client communication and resolve issues. Escalate issues to next level of management as required.
- Coaching, training and mentoring Consultants, Senior Analysts and Analysts by transferring skill and knowledge
- Developing internalnetwork and relationships to facilitate information sharing, cross selling and expansion of service offerings to clients
- Actively engaging external market participants including networking events and company initiatives
- University Bachelor's degree or related experience in appraisal/real estate valuation
- +5 years of related experience in commercial appraisal/retail real estate valuation & advisory consulting
- Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation in good standing
- Excellent knowledge of the commercial real estate industry & market dynamics
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation, in order to complete comprehensive appraisal and consulting reports
- Expert knowledge and highly proficient in ARGUS Enterprise and/or Valuation DCF
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel & Word
- Ability to teach others how to use the latest technology