Job ID 2017-2931
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,700 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Senior Consultant serves as a project manager, contributes to building client relationships and develops business in new and existing markets.
- Project Management: integrate their capabilities in client orientation, project management, and educational expertise to manage complex projects and/or produce sophisticated deliverables and services; serve as the primary point of contact with key clients.
- Human Capital: integrate their capabilities in hiring, developing, motivating, supervising, and retaining staff to build and sustain a bench-strength of talent that includes diverse capabilities and perspectives; serve as an internal consultant on other projects or product lines and on proposal responses.
- Influence and Impact: skilled in building support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions; play a lead role in building PCG's presence and reputation in the Mississippi market including playing a key role in presentations and conferences.
- Risk Management: effectively integrate their capabilities in quality management, project management, and client satisfaction.
- Business Development: integrate their capabilities in entrepreneurial orientation, business strategy, and sales acumen to establish new projects and build new markets that create significant financial value for the firm.
- Systems Perspective: collaborate with colleagues in other offices to help the Practice Area build client, financial, human resources, quality, and technological aspects of the business; identify opportunities to improve processes, operations and client services.
- Project management skills.
- Business development expertise.
- Staff management and mentorship.
- Technical expertise and related content knowledge.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Proven creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Proven ability to take initiative and seek solutions.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
- Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance from Leadership when needed.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
- Ability to move projects forward within specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
- Ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
- Strong skills in the areas of interpersonal communication, analysis, critical thinking, organization, attention to detail, and multitasking.
- Ability to work independently/remotely from colleagues while building close collaborative relationships within a team environment.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably from a state financing, budgeting, and state and local education industry is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required and Masters degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in government is preferred.