The Senior Consultant isexperienced with the implementations at the Large Hospital/IDN level. This involves extensive customer interaction and relationship development at the Director/Key Stakeholder level. In addition, the Sr. Consultant guides the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes.
Projects range in scope from large hospital to small/medium IDN level implementations requiring standardization across multipleproduct lines. The effective Sr. Consultant must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document and demonstrate product implementation competency.
This also involves working with the customer (with focus on large hospital systems to small/medium IDN’s level customers) by gathering customer requirements, defining best practices, design decisions and policy and procedures consulting.
The Sr. Consultant effectively performs therequired tasks to ensure timely Go-Lives and customer satisfaction. The Sr. Consultant must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams.
Project teams will include multiple disciplines from within Medication Systems and customer teams. The Sr. Consultant is a mentor for both customers andinternal team members.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
- Technical - 70% - Large Hospital/IDN level requirement definition, workflow design, policy/procedure definition, education, etc.
- Project Management - 5% - Meetings, planning, communication, documentation
- Mentoring - 20%
- Administrative activity - 5%
**Home-based position with travel. Candidates can reside anywhere in the U.S. near a major airport.**
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN’s for BD product implementations.
- Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to a long term business relationships.
- Provide team support and product information on BD Medication Systems products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
- Must be able to manage complex customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
- Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Medication Systems products and technologies.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
- Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design.
- Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrate expertise of established BD Medical Systems Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
- Install and support BD Medical Systems Dispensing software.
- Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education.
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
- Expert with BD Medication Systems Dispensing products.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
- Ability to actively lead projects when required.
- Works independently.
- Timely completion of internal company documentation.
- Timely completion of project documentation.
- Determines own work priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
Education or Equivalent:
- PharmD degreepreferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
- 3-5 years pharmacy experiencepreferred; I.V. room experiencerequired.
- Expertise in HIS/PIS systems and pharmacy and nursing workflow.
- 3 years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
- Dispensing software technologyexperience a plus. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including BD Medication Systems products and exposure to solution design processes.
- Experience with integrated delivery networks/large health systems required.
Job ID R-24153