This position could be based out of any of the following offices: Dallas, TX; Oakland, CA; Medford, MA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Chalfont, PA or Arlington, VA.
Tasks May Include
- Work directly with the PSP management and other principal/senior consultants to grow the opportunities pipeline and expand the customer portfolio across the North American markets with specific focus on eastern and western interconnections. This work will include diligent and timely identification of new business opportunities, leveraging current team capabilities, identifying customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Obtain market intelligence pertaining to potential key areas of the PSP units service portfolio and develop targeted marketing strategies
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and/or requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships
- Assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one ISO/RTO market in eastern or western interconnection and perform QA/QC on related project deliverables
- Actively attend ISO/RTO market stakeholder meetings and stay up-to-date with ISO/RTO market changes in terms of markets developments and policy changes,
- Lead, supervise and/or perform reliability and economic planning including market and production cost analysis, transient stability and Electro-Magnetic Transient studies, NERC/FERC or other regional compliance studies
- Assist with the team’s research goals in terms of development of new solutions, techniques and/or analytical tools to improve the team’s performance and grow the service portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Electric Power Systems and/or Energy Markets
- At least 6 years of experience in transmission planning and energy markets in a utility, power trading, renewable energy company or consulting setting (consulting setting is preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of at least one ISO/RTO market in eastern and/or western interconnect and its planning practices and development activities
- Profound knowledge of energy market challenges and trends
- Direct sales experience with account management responsibility in either Eastern or Western Interconnection
- Ability to leverage existing industry contacts to secure new opportunities on behalf of DNV GL ENERGY
- Experience with power system analysis software packages including PSS/E or PSLF or PSCAD/EMTDC or ABB PROMOD IV, UPLAN and/or PLEXOS
- A proven track record for sale and account management in either western or eastern interconnection which can support $1M+ in annual revenue preferred
- Ability to manage and mentor junior team members in both technical skills and sales
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% within North America.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen