At Korn Ferry, we grasp every opportunity to surprise others and ourselves by going beyond expectations to deliver a bit extra. We call it exceeding potential. To inspire and excite people, teams, even entire organizations. To bring companies’ strategies to life. To unite boardrooms and workforces. To unlock potential, realize ambitions, and change lives. Together, we are smarter. Together we are stronger. Together, we are more than.
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
Korn Ferry seeks a Senior Consultant with expertise in leadership development to join our Dallas office. Senior Consultants will work on project teams with more seasoned practitioners and sales colleagues to deliver custom solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. Individuals at this level exercise judgment in understanding client issues and customizing solutions to fit. They have developed a level of presence and maturity that means they take the lead on defined aspects of a project or business development activity.
Senior Consultants are expected to be autonomous in working up and proposing a solution or project plan internally and then implementing it once it has been signed off. Business development is still not a major accountability but there is an expectation that role holders willidentify opportunities to extend or enhance a project and lead in those discussions.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage large projects or a significant work-stream of a more complex programme and/or support relationship development as part of an account. Typical projects are of several months duration. Estimates complete resource planning for projects, recognizing when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g., project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions for our clients by working as part of a client or opportunity team and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- May be the lead consultant/account manager for smaller clients and manage client expectations and satisfaction. May interact with executives of the client in the context of projects. Support senior colleagues on larger, more complex projects potentially leading some client facing aspects of the project in an area of expertise.
- Where time permits, contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients.
- Participate in client planning. Lead parts of sales calls/presentations in own expertise area(s) and lead related proposal writing.
- Work with and coordinate activities with colleagues across teams. Manage peers and more junior resources on projects. Provide guidance and coaching to more junior colleagues.
- Continue to develop a strong internal brand with a network of Korn Ferry (KF) colleagues to receive guidance, leverage resources, identify additional sources of project work, etc. Begin to broaden network across the KF enterprise.
- Proactively developing internal relationships outside of team/office including other knowledge experts.
- Capable of identifying opportunities for other KF practices and provide a high level descriptions of these services to clients.
Skills & Experience
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s) degree plus several (5+) years’ experience. Alternatively many years’ relevant work experience (e.g., in a professional services or consulting firm or within a human resources or organization design department, delivering human capital-related services).
- Has established credentials in own ‘major’ discipline and is able to operate independently to make custom adjustments to relatively standard offerings to meet client needs. Is able to lead core service line work activities. Maintain knowledge and expertise of an industry, current and future trends and challenges.
- Develop expertise (depth and breadth) and consulting skills i.e., client relationships, commercial impact and business insights.