Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 57 days ago
Job Description: Provides large, sophisticated clients with performance and analytics services to evaluate all aspects of the plan/fund's investment program. Interface with clients and internal partners to determine the appropriate service level requirements. Focus on cultivating deeper relationships with the client’s investment staff. Identify client specific cross selling opportunities and work towards upselling. Expand current skillset by keeping abreast of current investment trends by attending relevant conferences, reading material (ie white papers, WSJ/FT, etc.) and collaborating with peers. Act as an active participant on the Northern Trust client service team.
1. Provides clients with performance and investment analysis services to evaluate various investment vehicles in the client's plan/fund through standard or custom reporting, compliance monitoring and other on-line tools.
2. Consults with clients and acts as the technical expert on developing new services that provide performance measurement, performance evaluation, and asset allocation reporting.
3. Communicates with client’s , the client's money managers or 3rd party consultants on a regular basis responding to issues, researching reporting problems, discussing performance analysis reporting capabilities.
4. Increase client’s awareness of the department’s premium product offerings with the intent of cross-selling products where appropriate.
5. Completes rate of return and discrepancy analyses.
6. Interprets business periodicals in order to recognize and understand market environment and trends.
7. Interfaces with consultants, partners, and clients to determine servicing requirements and problem solving strategies.
8. Develops and produces investment performance reports for clients using computer applications.
Significant knowledge of finance and investment vehicles and mandates, laws, regulations and economic conditions that affect investments acquired through an advance degree program and/or additional distinctions (CFA, CAIA, CIMA, CIPM). Additionally, a related, client servicing centric work experience is required to develop and provide performance and investment analysis products. Have a thorough understanding of performance calculation, attribution methodologies and additional investment analysis (ie asset allocation interpretation, due diligence and investment manager search). Analytical and problem solving skills are required to understand and provide investment reporting solutions. Technologyorientation and proficiency is required to generate and improve client reports. A consultative approach to client servicing is a must.
Experience: 7-10 years of investment related experienceMBA and/or CFA a definite plus. Clients servicing experiencerequired.