The Sr. HR Business Partner will provide consultative advice, coaching, and managerial and employee support aligned with advancing the strategy of the assigned business unit client groups. S/he will partner with colleagues to support strategy execution, and to manage change leadership, performance management, and organizational design. S/he will also collaborate with the HR COEs to develop compensation, talent, and employee relations strategies that effectively foster a high performing workplace.
- Provide direct HR services to select client groups, focusing on optimizing talent optimization. This includes, but is not limited to:
- consulting with managers on organization design and talent development
- Compensation and job duty alignment and clarity
- Development and succession planning
- Team assimilation and development
- Talent/recruiting/retention strategies.
- Understands the key drivers of the assigned business client group; applies this knowledge in his/her work.
- Brings innovative ideas to the business and contributes a unique perspective.
- Manages annual and one-time HR programs for the assigned client groups, including performance management, compensation management, career framework, and other programs to be named. This includes coordinating manager training and other meeting planning with colleagues; communications planning, progress tracking, and other program management activities
- Utilize metrics and reporting regarding HR programs (retention, turnover, career progression, etc) to drive an understanding of factors that contribute to the organizational health of the assigned client groups
- Fosters an inclusive workplace mentality through demonstrated behaviors aligned with Lincoln Financial Group’s D&I philosophy.
- Establishes strong working relationships and collaborates with HR COE’s (Compensation, Talent, D&I, Employee Relations, etc.) as well as Legal and other Lincoln partners as required.
- Partners with staffing and hiring managers to communicate and ensure adherence to human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations regarding the selection of internal/external applicants.
- Actively participates in enterprise, human resources, and in the Life Solutions business initiatives – Key Cities, D&I, strategic initiatives.
- Coaches managers on how to effectively identify, navigate, and resolve employee relations and performance management issues.
- Assists in the on-boarding and training of new officers and managers in assigned client groups.
- Creates and facilitates training for managers on a variety of HR and managerial needs, as required by the client groups
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Human Resources is preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience in human resources or related experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage changing priorities and multiple job functions
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources policies, processes, and employment law
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use metrics to monitor and advance workplace programs
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy.
- Evaluate trends in analytical data.
- Demonstrated ability (i.e. emotional intelligence skills) to successfully navigate interpersonal business situations to get desired business results.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reads and interprets corporate and business policies and applicable employment laws
- Writes business correspondence (i.e., letters, policies, corrective action, etc.)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Uses research methods effectively, including data collection, diagnostic, and analytical skills
- Understands issues in the context of the big picture and can develop and execute on solutions appropriate for the situation
- Thinks independently and is an effective decision maker
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service orientation
- Treats sensitive and/or confidential information appropriately
- Exhibits high levels of integrity, ethical behavior, and professional maturity
- Comfortable with confrontation and difficult conversations
- Ability to reach agreements and consensus despite differing opinions and priorities
- Keeps current with changes in employment law and the implications for our organization
- Stays abreast of industry best practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence
- Is comfortable speaking with all levels of management
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Skilled in database management and record keeping. #LIAE!
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.