GridGain Systems, based in Foster City, CA, is leading the in-memory computing revolution. The GridGain in-memory computing platform, built on the Apache Ignite® open source project, has been adopted by large and small organizations worldwide that need the performance and scalability offered by in-memory computing. The company received numerous prestigious business and technology awards in 2019, including inclusion in the Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, and more. The awards reflect GridGain’s continued ability to execute on its mission to deliver the in-memory computing innovations and cost-effective solutions modern organizations need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
GridGain is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Professional Services team in a role that is part architect, analyst, developer and evangelist. Reporting directly to the VP of Professional Services, this is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, mid/senior developer. This customer-facing consulting role will work with customers in architecting and designing solutions to real-world, complex business requirements.
Apply your strong analytical and trouble shooting skills as you tackle transactional and analytical challenges that come in working with massive amounts of constantly changing data. Investigate, recognize and resolve issues by rapidly designing and implementing solutions. Develop your career by gaining knowledge in the in-memory computing space within a fast-paced, growing organization.
Location: This is a remote position with travel. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide advisory services and help GridGain customers architect the right solution to their business use-cases by building and utilizing your deep understanding of big data and in-memory computing technologies
- Architect, implement and configure the GridGain platform on customer sites to support the required performance, scale, reliability and availability
- Apply your deep hands-on Java development and database programming experience to identify and debug performance bottlenecks at the JVM level or data model and query level to achieve desired performance throughput
- Utilizing your hands-on technical skills, help customers get to the root cause of unexpected platform behavior and debug/resolve complex technical issues
- Build a mutually trustworthy relationship with GridGain customers based on deep understanding of their business drivers, strategic goals, technical challenges and your desire and ability to provide the optimal technical advice and guidance
- Leverage your experience and proximity with customers and work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support staff to identify, document and help resolve technical issues and product feature/functionality gaps
- Support and help grow the open source community through your participation in meet-ups, design/code camps and technical speaking engagements
- Be available during business hours to meet deadlines and client needs, coordinate with co-workers, attend conference calls and/or face-to-face meetings, and handle day-to-day operations necessary for the position
Skills & Requirements:
- Deep hands-on experience writing complex, distributed, multi-threaded JEE applications
- Experience architecting and implementing highly scalable, highly transactional, multi-datacenter and secure applications
- Hands-on experience in working with various RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL technologies, including but not limited to Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB and 3rd party platforms like DataStax, DataSynapse, etc.
- Solid understanding of web services, micro-services architecture, messaging platforms and technologies
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies as well as various security protocols, design patterns and technologies
- Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and deployments in AWS, Azure or other public/private cloud infrastructures
- Development experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Solid problem solving, analytical abilities, consulting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
- Self-organized and able to thrive under pressure
- Willingness to travel within the US and internationally, for up to 70% of your time