VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. These services include Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
Are you passionate about working with Federal customers and IT consulting? Are you ready to join this growing VMware team?
- You will conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- You will have an understanding of VMware SDDC product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions
- You will assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks and standard estimates
- You will help to document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers and IT consulting
- Technical knowledge of any VMware products: vSphere, vCenter, Cloud Foundation Enterprise (vRealize Suite, NSX, vSAN, vRNI)
- Experience with current software development methodologies, software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments
- Knowledge of failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- You will bring an understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Active DOD Security Clearance required
- Ability to travel 70%
- B.S. degree in engineering or technical discipline from an college / university required
- VCP6 certifications
- Experience with Federal Intelligence Community customers
- Experience with MS and/or Linux OS
- Experience in the implementation of TOGAF and/or ITIL processes and possessing certifications