The Market Access Senior Consultant designs research topics and leads the development of client deliverables within a syndicated service. Senior Consultants are responsible for the entire process for syndicated deliverables including developing research agendas, managing deliverable projects, authoring the reports, and presenting to clients. This position has sales, client management, and service development responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our senior consultants are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Defining content for assigned products and deliverables that align with client needs and goals.
- Developing project plans for assigned product deliverables.
- Writing strategic and future-oriented deliverables that exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring that assigned deliverables are completed on time with a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Managing projects and people in matrix based project teams for assigned product deliverables.
- Engaging directly with clients to deliver content, provide recommendations and consulting support
- Establishing and maintaining one or more areas of expertise in health care market access, pharmaceutical sales, policy or other areas as required to meet client objectives
- Working with research Operations team members and adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Partnering with the client delight team to develop targeting, client development plans, and meet sales and service requirements.
- Create eminence for assigned syndicated service with clients via content, publications, presentations, and other client visible mechanisms.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Effectively coaching and developing associates across the organization.
- Consistently demonstrating key leadership competencies within the research team and organization.
- Responsible for and oversee their respective department.
- Help interview potential candidates and supervise the activities of assigned department staff; consistently demonstrate to the team the company policies and procedures.
EXPECTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Travel (20-30% of the time)
- Hours (minimum of 40 hours per week)
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- B.S./B.A in relevant field of study required.
- Five plus years of pharmaceutical, medical/health industry-related experience required.
- Personnel management and development skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead successful work teams.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and accountability.
- Demonstrates firm's leadership competencies and values.
- Focuses self and team on key priorities.
- Strong conceptual, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Project budgeting, financial planning and management skills.
- Business development and client management skills.
- Ability to establish credibility in front of service clients at companies.
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical business practices and the issues clients face in the health system/IDN segment and with other organized customers.
- Strong knowledge of the market research development process.
- Quantitative and qualitative market research skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to utilize large amounts of data and other types of information from multiple sources to complete a final analysis of a business question/situations and make recommendations.
- Must have ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20-30% of time.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS, MPH).
- Five years plus of experience managing pharmaceutical market access strategies and challenges among health systems/IDNs, large medical groups, and other organized customers.
- Five plus years of internal or external business/project development experience.
- Five plus years of market research experience.
- Three plus years of experience successfully coaching and developing others skills and abilities.