ECG’s strategy team works with providers across the country to design strategies that drive alignment and unity while being sustainable, scalable, and adaptable. Our detailed plans incorporate qualitative findings with data-driven strategic, operational, and financial considerations that enable organizations to pursue realistic change. Our consultants bridge the gap between strategic thinking and operational implementation with sensible action plans and tactical recommendations. This approach allows us to stretch our clients’ thinking while ensuring that initiatives with the broadest and deepest impact are prioritized and implementable.
As a senior consultant, you will be part of a team responsible for solving the most complex and strategic issues faced by hospitals, health systems, and medical groups. Small project teams allow you access to client executives, as well as regular contact and coaching from highly seasoned principal-level consultants. We are unique in that we offer senior consultants visibility within the firm and opportunity to work on a broad range of healthcare projects.
Your responsibilities include:
- Analyzing, synthesizing and interpreting data to inform client recommendations
- Utilizing financial modeling to conduct in-depth analyses and recommend executable strategies
- Leading information-gathering efforts.
- Assisting in developing and managing work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Defining project analyses and deliverables.
- Working on multiple engagements.
- Communicating project progress and seeking input.
- Developing depth of technical expertise.
- Identifying follow-on opportunities and helping to scope and close follow-on engagements.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work closely with multiple project teams and ECG Principals.
- Take responsibility for project outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with management and executive-level client staff.
- Identify opportunities to engage clients on future projects.
- Learn about ECG’s breadth of solutions and identify those that reflect personal and professional interests.
- Participate in peer and junior staff knowledge development and career advancement.
- Demonstrate ability to excel at consulting while balancing work and professional life.
- Act as an ECG ambassador within personal, professional, and alumni networks.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- Three or more years of prior experience in healthcare consulting or a health-related field
- Prior experience in strategic planning
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or master’s degree in a health-related field
- Proven track record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise
- Track record of strong client service and energy and passion for serving clients
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills, as well as facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 60% (or more) of the time