Who we are Innovative. Continuous Improvement. Integrity. Discipline. Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us. An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment. Who we’re looking for The TFS Treasury Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated leader to direct the Senior Consultant (Director), Valuations and Quantitative Analytics function. The primary responsibility of this highly specialized, niche FTE position is to provide critical thought-leadership and experience to the Fair Valuation practices for the company’s $120 Billion+ balance sheet, including the development and implementation of industry standard valuation models and methodologies, the employment of appropriate model inputs and assumptions, keeping abreast of current market best practices and ensuring the continued existence of robust validation and support for our valuation outputs. The successful candidate will bring 10+ years of experience in the 1st hand development of valuation and risk management models and methodologies for a broad set of financial products including FX, interest rate, and credit derivatives; various auto related commercial and retailfinance receivables; ABS securities; and a variety of debt instruments. Candidates of interest will also be able to articulate practical expertise in the calibration and use of derivative and fixed income valuation and risk applications (like Numerix, Murex, Openlink/Findur, FinCAD or similar), and demonstrate an advanced level of theoretical expertise in these topics via a Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant quantitative discipline. A CFA/ FRM certification would also be considered a plus.
What you will be doing
- Providing leadership and guidance to ensure that TFS continues to employ valuation best practices by benchmarking internal derivatives, asset and liability models, methods, inputs and processes against the latest industry standards.
- Enhancing the team’s capability to integrate and support the valuation and risk measurement of new, complex funding and hedging products into our core valuation application. This includes leveraging deep experience in assessing the suitability of vendor valuation platforms and integrated models, as well as the ability to develop a library of in-house valuation and risk management models and tools using industry standard coding language.
- Developing a comprehensive analytics and reporting platform to ensure an in-depth understanding and explanation of all derivative, asset and liabilityvaluation drivers, assumptions and results is obtained, and to explain periodic changes in valuation through the use of a risk-factor sensitivity based framework.
- Ensuring that TFS continues to employ a robust Independent Price Verification (IPV) process to manage the validation of all relevant valuations, and that the team has a framework for adequately researching, resolving and documenting any discrepancies.
- Assisting in the development of valuation bench-strength and expertise across the spectrum of current and future financial products. Coaching and mentoring team members, and partnering in the establishment of an ongoing valuations-related training regimen for the Valuations team as well as other interested parties.
- Partnering with our Japanese parent and sister global treasury departments as part of the global “Valuations Center of Excellence” to identify opportunities to improve treasury valuation capabilities or results by leveraging best practices, tools, analytics, procedures and methods.
What you bring
- Master’s degree or PhD in Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering or other deeply quantitativefinancial field
- Deep experience in the configuration and calibration of vendor-platform valuation models covering a broad range of structured debt and derivatives (eg. Numerix, Murex, Openlink / Findur, FinCAD or similar)
- Deep experience building securitization, asset and liabilityvaluation models, including Auto ABS, MBS, ABCP, CP, auto-based consumer and retailloanportfolios
- Experience providing thought leadership and counsel to a derivatives research, valuations and hedging function covering highly structured exotic debt products, and interest rate, FX and credit derivative instruments
- Expert level knowledge in the development and coding of derivatives pricing models and the reporting of P&L and performance attribution results
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance