Senior Consultant, Biz Ops
• The role of Business Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Lead streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Lead efforts for Protect and Enable teams responsible for implementing DevOps practices, production readiness, and compliance for MasterCard Core applications
• Lead Business Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Core Switching applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Business Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core Switching applications
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Background in Dev Ops practices a distinct advantage
• Background in automation a distinct advantage
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• High energy and ability to influence others
• Experience in overseeing multiple projects / initiatives concurrently
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills required
• Advanced presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.