WSP is currently seeking Senior Construction Supervisors to join our Buildings - Structures group, located at offices within the GTA. Dedicated to delivering the highest-quality project work to our clients, WSP values the impact and positive influence that a great Construction Supervisor brings to those projects. A natural leader, skilled in influencing the progress of projects, helping them meet clear project milestones and deadlines, the Construction Supervisor is an integral member of the team. This position will suit a professional, committed to delivering high-quality work, within schedule and budget and will be ideal for a construction professional who has experience dealing with the rigors of challenging client expectations.
- Contract and Construction administration and review to ensure adherence to contract documents;
- Be resident at the "Place of Work" and will work independently, under the general direction of the Contract Administrator;
- Inspection in accordance to the terms of the Construction Contract;
- Chair meetings, prepare meeting minutes and issue to the project team;
- Carry out all quality assurance and quality control functions to confirm contractor's adherence to the construction contract documents;
- Be responsible for tracking the details of change notices to ensure sufficient information is gathered for the completion of as-constructed drawings;
- Facilitate and coordinate ad hoc meetings as required for the project, document / minute ad hoc meetings;
- Coordination and distribution of design submissions, meetings, minutes of the above noted scopes;
- Issuance of Payment Certifications, Site Instructions, Response to RFI, etc. (technical content to be provided/verified by others) and act as Payment Certifier;
- Review of submissions for completeness and general conformity to Contract documents;
- Review of work for deficiencies and estimation of expected value to remediate deficiencies;
- Maintain of a daily inspection diary documenting construction activities and recording of progress and as-constructed details for the purposes of project closeout;
- Mentor junior staff and provide technical guidance;
- Review project schedule and make recommendations on milestone completion and / or cause and duration of service disruptions;
- Monitor Contractor's adherence to plans and specifications;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- P.Eng or OAA or C.E.T designation, or Accredited Architectural or Building Technologist, licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario is an asset;
- 15 years' relevant career experience;
- Demonstrated experience in construction of transit facilities is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising construction sites, safety, field engineering, site work inspections and work progress measurements relevant to the contemplated scope of Services for this Contract;
- Demonstrated experience in design, engineering and construction of projects with similar nature and magnitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.