About WeWork - Product
We believe in a team-based effort to achieve our common goal: To deliver the best quality product possible as we create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
About This Role
WeWork's Construction team is looking for a Site Manager to serve as the construction site leader for project execution from start to finish. As a member of the construction team, the successful candidate will work with a project team (including peers in Estimation, Operations, Construction Technology, and Project Management) to support all efforts that go into building a WeWork space. The focus of the Site Manager's role is to implement exceptional project execution strategy, by taking responsibility of the day-to-day operations of our construction sites.
- Constructability Analysis - Site Managers are expected to facilitate the review of project scope with design teams (both internally and externally) to ensure an acceptable level of coordination is achieved before installation. Analysis includes a thorough understanding of construction documentation, requests for information (RFIs), and submittals.
- Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Works with the assistants to process timely RFIs to the design team to clarify construction documents
- Works with assistants to develop a submittal schedule
- Review all drawings and specifications included with subcontractor submittals
- Resolves problems as they arise regarding plans or specifications, conflicts with the architect, engineer, clients and subcontractors and documentation of all corrections, changes, requests, unknown existing conditions and conflicts with a 'can-do' attitude
- Visual Scheduling - guide and implement a construction Schedule Master Plan with trade partners from the commencement of construction through Handover. You will work with Project Managers to ensure that Work Plans are developed and Progress Tracked toward the completion project scope (with special care given to priority items), to achieve project schedule milestones.
- Schedule Master Plan
- Conduct Pull Planning sessions to coordinate Priority Scheduling for critical path items with subcontractors
- Schedule and direct inspections with authorities or agencies having jurisdiction
- Hold regularly scheduled weekly coordination meetings and pre-start conferences
- Monitor and update the project team weekly on the work plan forecast for trade partners
- Update the Schedule Master Plan once weekly indicating Planned vs. Actual start and end dates, and circulate to the project team for review
- Ensure that responsibilities are classified and assigned with due dates in the project execution platform
- Ensure that participants resolve assignments in a timely manner in the project execution platform
- Evaluate potential schedule risks and provide delay recovery plans when necessary
- Safety & Quality - provide assessment of our trade partners to ensure a safe construction site (compliant with any local laws or regulations governing workplace hazards), timely delivery, and quality workmanship. You will provide feedback on market considerations (including material specification and selection) and perform regular construction site inspections to ensure a high-quality finished product.
- Verify subcontractor certificates of insurance
- Perform regular construction site inspections
- Maintain a safe construction site (compliant with any local laws or regulations governing workplace hazards)
- Cost Trending - assist in the collection of construction data for use in Cost Management. Provide information on Site Logistics (such as staging and equipment), construction labor resources, and potential scope change to assist cost managers with optimizing project budgets.
- Major Equipment needs identified and budgeted with Project Management
- Time sheets, work orders, daily reports and invoice approval
- Work with Project Manager to develop timely buyout plan, bidding, subcontract scope of work and pricing of subcontractor change orders
- Site Logistics - coordinate the construction site activity with the goal of achieving the delivery milestones set forth in the project schedule. Work with Art & Graphics, Sourcing, Real Estate, suppliers, and trade partners to ensure regular and on-time delivery of the necessary materials and equipment to complete projects.
- Coordinate field construction team for the install of project scope, including WeWork direct-hire and Subcontractor direct-hire work.
- Work with assistants and suppliers to maintain an equipment control program and/or rental log, including the following:
- Ensure proper equipment identified
- Ensure maintained equipment delivered
- Ensure equipment is maintained while on-site
- Coordinate regular and on-time delivery of required materials for construction (daily)
- Maintain a clean and organized construction site
- Handover - assist in the delivery of a fully-commissioned, substantially complete, and clean WeWork Product to our Community team. Work closely with an internal team of Logistics Specialists to ensure that a smooth handover is achieved and documented before Opening Day.
- Deliver a fully-commissioned, substantially complete, and clean WeWork Product to our Community team
- Work closely with an internal team of Logistics Specialists to ensure that a smooth handover is achieved and documented
- Complete internal and consultant Punch List
- Obtain Temporary Certificates of Occupancy
- Obtain final Certificate of Occupancy
Who + What We're Looking For
The Product Team is looking for motivated individuals with a love of learning and collaboration who are eager to join a workplace built around the mindset of "we" over "me". We're committed to investing in team member growth and encourage applicants to consider the direct and/or indirect ways in which they meet the following criteria.
This position exists at the Manager and Senior Manager levels, dependent on experience and needs.
- Problem-solver with strong sense of urgency and communication skills
- 6+ years experience as a Construction Superintendent / Site Manager
- Strong understanding of construction documents and local labor conditions
- Effective leader that can apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions
- Proactive at communicating change and evaluating risk
- OSHA-30 or equivalent
- Bluebeam, Fieldlens, and Smartsheets experience preferred
- Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades), and prior experience as foreman or journeyman in at least one trade, or project engineer
- Fluency in local language or dialect. High command of English language, both spoken and written.
Culture & Benefits:
At WeWork, we want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work, because no matter your background, we are on this journey together. As part of our Product Team, you will enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical coverage, including parental leave
- Paid vacation + holiday leave
- A robust Professional Development program
- Complimentary meals + beverages
- Company retreats, events, volunteering and wellness programs
- Lifestyle perks + discounts