Be involved in projects with our Construction Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA is seeking a highly motivated Senior Construction Service Manager to support our thriving Transportation and Infrastructure sector in North and Central Texas. This position will be based in either our Austin or Dallas office location. This is a high impact role, and the successful candidate will have significant input and influence in shaping the future structure and growth of the Construction Services business in Texas.
In this role, you will partner with key area and regional Construction Services leaders and other stakeholders to champion the delivery of world-class construction management projects in the areas of Engineering and Inspection services to consistently meet or exceed client and expectations. The Sr. Construction Services Manager is accountable for providing the leadership and skills necessary to drive growth and operating performance for the central/north Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Providing project management leadership to the construction services business in central/north Texas, which offers professional construction management services to both public and private clients
- Leading operations related to project performance; business development; market expansion; and industry leadership
- Identifying growth opportunities through new and existing markets and clients and the acquisition of resources and skills and drive growth initiative implementation
- Managing Construction Services contracts through the assignment of Resident Engineers, Inspectors and other project resources allocated to the group in the geography to efficiently and effectively deliver projects to meet client expectations and projectprofitability
- Managing technical non-billable time for the most effective outcomes in accordance with plan targets
- Managing career path development for construction services staff for Resident Engineers, technical support staff / Inspectors, and early career professionals
- Delivering projects using the appropriate systems for quality, safety, schedule management and cost containment
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in any of the following fields: Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture
- 15+ years of transportation consulting/engineering experience, including at least 5 years of successful experience in client relations and project management in a construction management role
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas (PE)
- Specific expertise in the Texas construction market and established relationships with local teaming partners and key client decision makers
- Proven success in managing projects in rural, urban and metropolitan areas, with an emphasis in the urban and metropolitan areas
- Demonstrated experience in leading and winning pursuits
- Demonstrated knowledge of the public-sector clients in the Texas market
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability in the preparation of detailed written technical proposals
- Demonstrated experience in leading/developing oral presentations
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technical trends that affect the professional construction services business
- Flexibility to evaluate, accept and adopt new technologies
- Organized, self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working on TxDOT or regional tollway authorities' projects
- Master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field