Reporting to the Director of Global Real Estate, the Senior Construction Projects Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of technology office and other real estate projects. Most importantly, you will be delivering the global workplaces that Tableau employees love! As the owner's representative, you will lead contracted Construction Project Managers at various global Tableau locations ensuring the success of project teams (Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Suppliers). You will drive controls and processes within each project enhancing visibility and control of scope, schedule, budget, and other key factors. You will provide leadership visibility through reporting project health and other key factors. You will also create and continuously improve project delivery tools and practices while
Some of the things you will be doing…
- Intake, Scope Definition: Establish and manage consistent process for defining project scope and key deliverables/expectations.
- Schedule Management: Ensure appropriate base timelines and milestones are developed by local project teams (with appropriate detail), and that updates are issued regularly and reconciled to the baseline. Include deviations and mitigation plans in monthly reporting.
- Cost Estimates: Establish early high-level cost estimates for capital planning and budgeting. Ensure each project establishes an appropriate design-to-cost estimate at initiation, in line with budget goals. Ensure the estimate advances in detail as scope and specifications evolve. Highlight cost variances along with mitigation plans in monthly reporting.
- Project Cost Accounting and Control: Ensure each project loads the cost plan into a schedule of values using Tableau's work breakdown structure. Measure cost performance through execution and apply appropriate earned value performance assessment and change management.
- Risk Management: Hold risk sessions with local project teams at project initiation.
- Delivery Method, Procurement Strategies, and Contract Requirements: Identifying delivery & procurement strategies with the local project team in alignment with leadership. Ensure appropriate contract terms and working processes are established and understood between Tableau and all project partners. Assure the contracting process incorporates any requirements from the building lease, Landlord, public authorities, or other external forces.
Who you are…
- Builder: Understanding of technical building systems, subsystems, assemblies for office construction including MEP systems. You understand interdisciplinary construction management processes.
- Technically Savvy. Solid understanding of project tools including estimating, scheduling, etc. Thorough understanding of vendors related to the role, including designers and contractors.
- Collaborative & Influential: Ability to build trust and relationships with team members. Able to influence a broad range of internal and external stakeholders without exercising formal authority.
- Communicator. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Can explain concepts, issues, etc. clearly and succinctly without technical jargon. Ensures program reports and communications are clear and polished.
- Detail-Oriented. Review project generated information (workflow, deliverables, reports, etc.) to ensure quality and compliance with requirements.
- Experienced. 10+ years of leadership experience in Construction Management/General Contractor or Owner Representative role. Experience with tech office buildouts as well as other areas of real estate (strategy, transactions, portfolio management)
- Educated. Bachelor's in construction related discipline. MBA or advanced degree preferred. PMP, LEED AP, or other PM or Project Controls Certifications preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!