IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Construction Project Manager to join our industry leading Project Delivery Construction team at our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters located in Morrisville, NC.
The Senior Construction Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, safety and client relationship objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages delivery of individual projects and holds primary responsibility for achievement of cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Oversees activities of Project Engineers, Construction Manager and Site Superintendents on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with Project Executives and Director of Operations to mitigate risks.
- Special projects as assigned.
Operations & Administrative Duties
- Supports development of prime contract with Client. Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements.
- Develops and maintains written preconstruction, construction and closeout execution plans, obtains review and approval from Project Executive and/or Director of Operations and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains written project scopes of work and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations and sequencing logic and communicates to project team. Works closely with Construction Manager and Site Superintendent to monitor performance against target schedule and implement corrective actions against nonconformances. Coordinates design, commissioning and qualification schedule requirements with construction schedule.
- Works with Estimating to develop project budgets. Coordinates delivery of basis documents to Estimating. Obtains review and approval from Project Executive and/or Director of Operations and communicates to project team.
- Monitors and reports project costs, including values committed, forecast to commit, allowances for growth and actually expended. Works closely with Construction Manager and Superintendents to ensure that field events, conditions, exceptions and issues are fully reflected in cost reports. Carefully forecasts final cost of project periodically.
- Manages changes to prime contract, including change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Coordinates with Financial group to invoice client and manage Accounts Receivable to meet corporate goals. Works with financial group to manage project financial issues.
- Ensures achievement of contractually required quality in design, and works with Construction Manager and Superintendents to ensure achievement of contractually required quality in construction.
- Oversees site safety for assigned projects and coordinates with Construction Manager, Superintendents and safety resources, including subconsultants, to establish site safety program, monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
- Monitors design content and coordinates design revisions for constructability and compliance with basis documents, schedule and budget.
- Procures and coordinates all required project resources, including intradivisional, interdivisional and extracorporate.
- Prepares and manages subcontracts and purchase orders, including change control documentation and related financial documentation.
- Coordinate with Financial group to evaluate vendor and subcontractor invoices and arrange for payment as required to meet project and corporate goals.
- Ensures fluid, organized, documented communication between all project participants.
- Ensures that all project documents are distributed, reviewed and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages and addenda and bulletins thereto, and submittals, among others.
- Ensures that all IPS design, construction and compliance activities on project delivery projects comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Manages submissions and payments to authorities having jurisdiction to obtain permits for all IPS activities.
- Supports project/client development process with presentations and related marketing activities.
- Supports Project Executives, Director of Operations and General Manager in preparation of project delivery proposals.
- Maintains personal competency in relevant professional areas.
- Maintains long-term industry relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Delivery, 5 of which must be in a Project Management role.