ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We are a premier east coast construction firm passionate about our clients’ success. Since 1972 we have worked in close collaboration with clients to create facilities that support their organizational goals. We provide a robust set of integrated tools that includes construction management, planning, preconstruction, and design. From offices in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Florida, we are experts in the Education, Senior Living, Healthcare, Corporate/Industrial, and Hospitality and Tourism markets.
Our people are known for intense teamwork that results in innovative, value-added facility solutions that benefit our clients’ operations and profitability. Services are delivered in a wide variety of formats including construction management at risk, design build – using both in-house and third-party design, and as a general contractor. Quality, safety, budget and schedule are the measures of success.
Provide overall project ownership including technical and administrative direction, working closely with the project team. manage all aspects of safe project delivery including cost management, budget forecasting and scheduling and subcontract negotiations. Responsible for leading all aspects of the projects' construction phase and serve as the point person for daily interaction with the client and design team. management responsibility for the development and oversight of project team.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, demonstrate strong leadership, communication and client service skills, and promote business development through association involvement and networking opportunities.
- Assist in client interviews and project proposals and possess strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Monitor schedule and collaborate with the team and subcontractors to meet milestones.
- Represent Cutler in project meetings.
- Support and enforce the Safety Program and participate in safety trainings and meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Cutler’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the Client.
- Provide input to PX for PM, PE and APM annual and 6-month reviews.
- Analyze workload and staffing levels proactively and work to resolve issues related to manpower planning. Plan, organize and staff key field positions in conjunction with HR, PX and/or VP/Director of Operations.
- Motivate, recruit, retain and mentor project team and direct reports.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Thorough understanding of job cost responsibilities, AIA billing and payable procedures
- Strong ability to understand project strategy with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities
- Thorough understanding of contract language
- Thorough knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates plans and specs
- Exceptional time management skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Business Management acumen
- Strong leadership skills
- OSHA 30
- Timberline Estimating
- Prolog/Constructware or other project management software knowledge
- Microsoft Project Scheduling 2013
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Windows based Word Processing
10-15 years experience. Tampa based but must be willing to travel. Four-yearengineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.) skills essential. Must be a skilled businessman/woman.
LOCATION: Tampa, FL