Senior Construction Manager, Water / Wastewater Projects
Take a look at our opportunities for Senior Construction Managers to oversee challenging and significant projects. You'll work with a diverse team to implement a regional program for our CM/Water Resource clients. In this critical role, you will be responsible for providing solutions for complex issues, utility management, capital planning consultation, design and engineering expertise, and construction phase management. Contact Marylou Pritchard: 805-456-3532 or email@example.com with questions. Confidential inquiries are welcome!
MNS Engineers, Inc. provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water and Government Services markets in California. Visit our website and social media outlets to learn more about our company!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the Owner’s professional representative on water resource construction projects, assuring projects are being built according to the contract documents.
- Works in conjunction with technical field inspectors and project team members to assure project goals are being met.
- Performs a wide variety of constructionengineering, including but not limited to water and wastewater facilities.
- Facilitate and lead change management and risk management for large projects or programs.
- Handles MNS Quality Control and Project Quality Assurance.
- Manages professional and technical staff and contract administration.
- Reviews change orders, shop drawings, materials testing, surveying, and other project needs.
- Conducts meetings and utility coordination.
- Arranges for materials testing, surveying, requests for payment.
- Complies with EEO/labor compliance requirements.
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Prepares and reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Assists upper-level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments and is responsible for project profitability.
- Maintains scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services in alignment with strategic goals.
- Resolves issues arising from the inspection process or from contract administration.
- Assists with recruitment and conducts job performance evaluations.
- Primary point of contact with clients and approving agencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- California registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) required.
- Valid California Class C driver's license and an acceptable driver’s record are required.
- 10 years constructioncontract management experience related to large scale water/wastewater construction projects.
- Working knowledge of local agency projects, as well as document coordination on federally funded projects desired.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Interacts with other staff.
- Represents the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad aspects of engineering assignments.
- Able to negotiate change orders effectively.
- Able to effectively manage people.
We offer one of the most overall competitive benefits packages in the industry that includes 100% of each employee’s health, vision, dental and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefit, 401(k) contribution match, tuition reimbursement (for career path), and many other benefits.
We commit to improve processes with the belief that our employees are our greatest resource. We nurture a culture where each individual’s abilities, experience, and style are encouraged, rewarded, valued and shared in a way that strengthens the overall outcome of each discipline. On a personal level, we host annual events and encourage other activities for FUN and to serve the community!
We make a difference in people’s lives every day. Our commitment to steady growth has allowed us to confidently celebrate over 55 years of past service as we prepare for 55 more! We look forward to talking to you.
MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ob Tracking ID: 20171110-CM-WAT