back to current positions
Sr. Construction Manager
Our Client, a Developer, Owner and Manager of Class ‘A’ Office Buildings in New York City, is looking for a ‘Sr. Construction Manager’. Qualified candidates will have experience working in a commercial real estate environment and be familiar with the operation of a sophisticated commercial real estate company. In depth New York City Steel & Glass experience is a ‘must’.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Be ultimately responsible for the successful completion of all projects during their construction periodfrom pre-construction through completion
- Oversee all external construction activities
- Hire, manage, supervise all internal construction personnel including project managers and superintendents
- Oversee all construction related buy-outs and procurement including standardization of trade scope development
- Establish and maintain sub-contractor pool including contractual relationships
- Deep rooted knowledge of the NYC commercial construction industry
- High profile individual with extensive industry and sub-contractor relationships in Manhattan
- Hands on commercial construction professional with in depth technical knowledge
- Must have extensive experience with all facets of construction projects – bid, buy out, scheduling, daily management, and close out.
- Ability to manage a large internal staff as well as external vendors.
- Must understand development and construction from the owner’s perspective in addition to that of the builder.
- Full understanding of building systems/operations including architectural, structural, envelope, MEP FP
- Negotiate consultant/contractor contracts and potential change orders
- Able to review base building and tenant drawings
- Able to provide complete development budgets, soft and hard costs
- Prepare RFP’s/scopes for consultant and sub-contractor bidding
- In depth knowledge of NYC approval process including DOB, LPC, MTA, DOT, etc.
- In depth knowledge of local codes
- Strong knowledge of NYC and Osha worker and site safety requirements
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Experience in all types of commercial construction – office buildings, retail, new construction and gut rehab
- Experience in ICIP/ICAP projects
- Development of internal and external progress reports
- Ability to keep projects on schedule and budget
- Proficiency with computers and related business software, database and spreadsheet packages toinclude Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Timberline.
- Strong knowledge of construction accounting
- Strong communications and organizational skills. Ability to facilitate presentations and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently without significant oversight
- Ability to organize, set priorities and motivate others
- General understanding of financial models and using database information as an efficient management tool
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness
Specific experience required to successfully fill this role include:
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management and/or Architecture
- 15 plus years’ experience with NYC commercial construction
- Experience in managing internal teams and external vendors
- Substantial list of successfully completed commercial projects of varying types within Manhattan
Compensation will include the following:
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience and abilities
- Incentive Performance bonus PLUS ‘buy out profits’ bonus
Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment and must be well organized and possess attention detail and accuracy. They are looking for an independent, self-motivated team player who is attracted to a small, collegial working environment. Personality and attitude will play an important role in the selection of the successful candidate.
The Company offers full and excellent benefits.