A privately held Real Estate Company headquartered in Los Angeles, California with a diversified national portfolio of industrial, office, retail and multi-family assets is seeking a highly organized, well rounded, and self-motivated Senior Construction Manager. This position will be based in the Los Angeles office.
The Senior Construction Manager will be an integral part of the management team, responsible for bidding out, scheduling and supervising construction projects. They must have experience with commercial tenant improvements, shopping center renovations, and capital improvements. No ground up experience necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee tenant and capital improvements
- Obtain bids from multiple contractors and vendors
- Monitor construction from start to finish while keeping in budget
- Bid, negotiate, and supervise contracted services for assigned properties
- Ensure competitive bidding process for vendor required services
- Participate in regularly scheduled construction status meetings with detailed and accurate information
- Understand contracts, leases and leasing objectives
- Manage tenant relationships
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on commercial construction and property management experience
- Strong communication skills with both internal & external customers and at all levels within the organization
- Ability to initiate bid requests, vendor and contractor management
- Ability to present self and company in a professional manner in all communications and actions
- Solid time management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and successfully balance multiple tasks and requests
- Must be able to exhibit initiative and work independently
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player and work well with Senior Management, tenants, contractors and other daily contacts
- Contractor License a plus
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well- capitalized entrepreneurial investment group.
For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.