Your role as a senior contributor is to conduct independent complex inspections themselves, and supervise lower level inspectors performing routine to moderately complex inspections of bridge and roadway construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract. With the support of a strong recognized technical staff, you will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of construction inspection, construction field management, QA/QC and report documentation, on various construction and/or reconstruction projects for municipal water and wastewater treatment, power generation, manufacturing facilities or other heavy construction projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- May be responsible for leading the team in monitoring the progress of the project’s construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Generates reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Construction Management of significant problems and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Inspects installation and placement of asphalt, runs density tests, and calculates quantities and costs.- Inspects installation of construction feature, measures dimensions, and calculates quantities.
- Examines construction materials, checking to see if they meet specifications.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Tabulates monthly quantities for use in determining contractors' monthly payment estimates.
- Determines estimated cost of construction projects using take-off estimates.
- Assists with office work such as plotting cross-sections and computing earthwork quantities.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of construction, and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Effective leadership skills, taking initiative on tasks and delegating tasks to other team members.
- Basic skills in math, drafting, and science.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- roficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.