Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Inspector to join our Inspection Team. The Senior Inspector will lead a team of inspectors whose mission is to provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Chief Inspector and Resident Engineer and may also serve as the Chief Inspector.
- Be responsible for coordination and overseeing the repetitive and routine sampling and testing of component materials for highway and roadway construction projects in accordance with the construction contract documents.
- Provide daily surveillance of the contractor’s quality control activities at the project site and maintain a daily log of construction and inspection activities.
- Be able to perform quality assurance to verify actual to contracted service, materials, and construction.
- Be able to provide technical guidance regarding construction matters to project stakeholders.
- Maintain project records.
- Must be able to interpret construction plans, details, standards and specifications.
- Conduct work in a safe manner.
- 10 plus years of experience in highway and bridge construction inspection of which two projects have been in a Senior Inspector capacity. Project experience includes earthwork, asphalt paving, concrete paving, storm drain systems, retaining walls, bridge elements, traffic control, SW3P, and other items related to highway/bridge construction.
- Aviation construction inspection experience is a plus, but not required.
- High School diploma.
- Organized, determined, and resourceful; demonstrate a sense of urgency while accurately and safely performing the work, and be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and pass an annual motor vehicle record check.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Be able to enter data rapidly and accurately, as well as the ability to operate tools and equipment.
- FDOT highway/bridge construction experience and inspection certifications preferred.
- Experience with Site Manager record keeping preferred.
- Certified or ability to become certified and perform work for: ACI Grade I, ACI Strength, HMAC Level IB and SB102.